One of our favorite things about being on the Girls Crochet Headbands team (aside from sourcing and shopping for all the cutest, most affordable girls’ apparel and accessories, of course) is our monthly photo contest that lets your adorable kiddos step into the spotlight while wearing their favorite GCH outfits. The only hard part? Picking a winner! Your monthly photo submissions are always so incredibly awesome that the job of selecting a winner is something we agonize over. And that’s why, starting in February, we’ve decided to shake things up and let you help out with the process of selecting our monthly winners.
And one thing we’ve always struggled with is that many of your fabulous photo submissions are professionally taken shots, and many others are candid photos that you’ve snapped yourselves, capturing a moment of extreme cuteness. We don’t think it’s quite fair to compare shots from the pros to every day candid shots, so we decided to create two categories for photos, level the playing field, and select two separate winners each month.
Doesn’t that make perfect sense? We hope you agree! So, here’s how our new contest format will work:
- Instead of entering the contest by posting photos of your cutie pies on our Facebook page, you’ll email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As mentioned, there will be two groups for each monthly contest: professional photos and candid (or non-professional) photos. Please submit each photo to only one category (and yes, you may submit more than one photo, but please no more than three). To submit your photo, please specify which category you’d like it included in by adding one of the following to the subject line of your email:
- Photo Contest – Professional Photo
- Photo Contest – Candid Photo
- Add the phrase “Permission to Use” in the body of the email.
- If you’re submitting a professional photograph, consider including the photographer’s name and website so that we can give them props and credit, too!
- Important Contest Dates– and this is a big change, so listen up!
- Starting on February 1, 2013, you can submit photos starting at 12:01 am CST on the first day of every month through midnight CST on the 15th of every month by sending them in via email.
- We’ll post two Facebook albums (one for professional photos, one for candid photos) on February 16th and voting will open immediately thereafter.
- Voting is easy – just click “like” on your favorite photos to cast your vote.
- If you want to, feel free to share your photos with friends and family and ask them to vote to increase your chances of winning! You can do that by clicking “share’” on the photo page within the album on Facebook.
- Public voting will close at midnight CST on the 28th day of every month
- Winners will be announced on the last day of every month and one winner will be chosen from each category, each winning a $25 Girls Crochet Headbands Gift Certificate.
- The winning photos will be featured on our blog, on our Facebook cover image, on our Twitter avatar and on both our Pinterest and Instagram pages. In short, your fabulous shots and adorable children will be super models for the month!
Want to increase your chances of winning? Here’s the important thing to remember. Public voting only counts for 50% of the scores that determine the winners—our team of fashionistas have their own ballots to cast.
We love your photographs and the fact that you share your adorable kidlets with us, and we see tons of great photos from all of you every month. But the ones with the greatest chances of winning are the ones who are wearing the most GCH apparel and accessories in the most creative ways.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to shoot us an email at email@example.com. And don’t forget to send those pictures! We’ll be here, anxiously waiting to ooh and aah at your amazing and adorable kids!